Today is a very special day, WHMCS have just officially announced the launch of V7.5! This new version sees lots of great new features and improvements to the leading software for web hosting resellers. I'm happy to announce that all of our responsive WHMCS templates, Wordpress themes, HTML5 templates, PHP templates & WHMCS modules have been updated to support WHMCS V7.5. Those looking to order a new template will find V7.5 support available out of the box, we have also created easy to follow update guides for all of our existing customer's showing you how to easily update your template for V7.5.
What's new in V7.5?
V7.5 sees a lot of fantastic features including:
- Support for PHP 7.1 & 7.2 - WHMCS v7.5 and greater now supports PHP 7.1 and 7.2. Support is still provided for security maintenance versions PHP 5.6 and 7.0. Because of this broad environment support, no immediate action is required to WHMCS v7.5 other than having the Ioncube Loader 10.1. If you wish to update your environment to PHP 7.1 or 7.2 following your update to v7.5, please ensure any customizations or integrations also support your target environment before making changes.
- Domain Grace and Redemption Grace Periods Support - WHMCS now supports Domain Grace and Redemption Grace Periods for domains, along with the automatic applying of fees related to Grace and Redemption Periods. Learn more at Domain Grace and Redemption Grace Periods
- Staff Mentions - You can now mention other staff members using the familiar @mention syntax when creating client or ticket notes for those users to receive an email notification regarding your note. Learn more at Staff Mentions
- Password Generation for Provisioning - WHMCS v7.5 introduces a new default behaviour for the automatic generation of passwords for provisioning of new services. The default password complexity has been increased to consist of 14 characters, containing both lower and uppercase letters, numbers and symbols. If you wish to continue using the previous auto generated password format, you can do so by navigating to Setup > General Settings > Security and selecting the option Generate passwords containing a combination of letters and numbers only under the Auto Generated Password Format setting.
- Client Tickets Overview Tab - Quicker more convenient access to view a customers ticket history without leaving the client profile.
- Affiliate Referral Tracking - Get deeper insights into where your affiliate referral traffic is coming from, and see trends in the volume of traffic over time. Learn more at Affiliate Referral Tracking
- Marketing Emails Consent - New functionality has been added that enables you to request your customers to opt-in or opt-out from marketing emails during checkout and registration. A new consent log will maintain a history of customers opt-in and opt-out requests, and new email template merge fields have also been made available to allow users to opt-in or opt-out at any time. Learn more at Marketing Emails Automation
We have created the following update guides for you. You will also be able to download the latest version from inside your account:
- WHMCS templates - V7.5 update guide
- Wordpress themes - V7.5 update guide
- PHP templates - V7.5 update guide
- HTML templates - V7.5 update guide
- Flex Mail email template - no update required
- WHMCS responsive invoice & quote - no update required
- WHMCS affiliates land anywhere - no update required
- WHMCS SEO enhancer - no update required
If you have any questions about WHMCS V7.5 or our templates please do leave a comment below.
Jack Curtis - CEO,
Monday, April 2, 2018