Please ensure you take a full backup of your Wordpress & WHMCS files before performing this update.
In this tutorial you will learn how to update your Wordpress theme to integrate the new WHMCS V6 Boostrap based client area template. Before you start you must have first followed our guide on how to update your template to support V6.
This is a huge update so many of the files have been updated. The update ZIP contains only files that has been modified so check to compare files to ensure you re-apply any customizations to the new updated files. All of your Wizard Panel settings, Wordpress pages, posts, widgets, menus will be safe during the update but changes to the CSS and/or WHMCS template files may be lost unless applied manually.
All of our responsive Wordpress Themes will be re-integrated one-by-one to support the new V6 client area template. Below is a list of themes which will be updated and their progress (you can only follow this guide once your template is shown as completed):
1) Make a full backup of your Wordpress & WHMCS files for safety
2) Login to your client area and go to My Account (top right) > my products > manage button (next to your theme package) and then locate and download named Wordpress theme - Your_Theme Vx v6 client area template update
3) Extract the ZIP file to your desktop
4) Open the ZIP and re-name to upload/clients/ directory to match the directory of your WHMCS install. The ZIP also assumes that your Wordpress is installed in the root of your domain.
5) Next navigate to upload/wp-content/themes/ and make sure the theme name matches that of your live site. For example if you ordered a theme a year ago you may see the name orbit-v1-0 for example, recently we removed versions from filenames so you will need to re-name the template directory in the download to match that on your live site before uploading. Also do the same for upload/clients/templates/ and upload/clients/templates/orderforms/
6) Upload the contents of upload to your root Wordpress directory (e.g /public_html/ assuming Wordpress is installed in root and WHMCS in a sub-directory of root such as public_html/clients/)
All files contained in the ZIP have been modified, here is a list of changes made to significant files that you are more likely to have modified. We recommend applying the edits to the following files manually for any you've made customizations to:
wp-content/themes/your_theme/css/template.css - added new CSS and removed old discontinued CSS
wp-content/themes/your_theme/css/responsive.css - added new CSS and removed old discontinued CSS
clients/templates/your_template/ - all files have been modified
clients/templates/orderforms/your_cart_template/ - all files have been modified
Leave a comment
Let us know what you think!