Save yourself time by using our professional update service. Your template will be updated in-house by our team who will ensure everything goes smoothly. We provide 2 options to update:
1. Update to v2 keeping your Wizard Panel settings and any re-named Wizard Panel pages Order Now ($30)
2. Update to v2 keeping all settings/customizations/pages (where possible): Order Now ($100)
In this tutorial you will learn how to update your WHMCS Template to the new v2.
Due to the amount of customizations in this version updating to v2 will cause the following:
- Wizard Panel settings - Safe
- Language translations - Lost
- Template customizations - Lost
Unfortunately there is no way around this as v2 is a complete re-develop of all aspects of the template including a new set of language translations. However v2 is build in a way that will make future updates less frequent and much easier with built in protections for new customizations. Once you have updated to v2 you can proceed to translate text and apply any customizations you like.
v2 sees a HUGE amount of new features and customization options. For this version we have re-developed the template line by line. Some of the new features include:
- Child Theme - v2 is now a child theme of the WHMCS Twenty One template. As a child theme v2 now loads 95% of the template files from WHMCS. This will ensure that updates going forward are significantly easier and faster.
- New Mega Menu - The menu has been re-developed and functions perfectly on all devices making use of a burger dropdown for tablets/smart phones. New 2 column layout supports text/content applied to each menu dropdown category.
- New Client Area - v2 now uses the Twenty One template as a base. Twenty One has many improvements to the client area design/UI over the previous Six template.
- Wizard Panel v2.1 - improved efficiency, speed & more settings
- There's Much More - This is just a few features of v2. This update sees over 30x the features of the prior version.
How To Update
You will need to follow every step below to update your template to v2.
Want to save time? You can hire us to update your template.
Steps To Update
1. Make a full backup of your WHMCS files & database for safety
2. Download the new v2 template from your Zomex account Download New Template
3. Extract the ZIP file to your desktop
4. If you've re-named any Wizard Panel service pages of your existing template you will need to match those changes to your new template. Re-naming Wizard Panel pages
5. Access your live WHMCS files and re-name your existing live template to something unique (e.g whmcs_path/templates/stellar/ to whmcs_path/templates/stellarold/)
6. Upload the contents of the upload directory of your new template ZIP (Screenshot) using an FTP client to:
7. Go to WHMCS Admin > Setup > Addon Modules > Configure Wizard Panel and make sure the correct template license key is used, if you switched to a new template you can update your license here (found in your Zomex account). Also check to confirm that Wizard Panel is showing v2.1
8. Visit Wizard Panel under WHMCS Admin > Addons > Wizard Panel to activate your new license and ensure your Wizard Panel settings remain. Your new template will now be activate using your previous Wizard Panel settings.
9. Visit the WHMCS general settings and ensure that the new version of Stellar is activated as the template (both the new and old may display the same name so compare both)
Ensure that your FTP client does not replace directories and instead adds/overrides the new files within the existing directory. We recommend FileZilla which is free and will work correctly out of the box.
Install v2 In The Background
It is possible to install v2 in the background while keeping your live site active. To install your v2 template in the background follow steps 1-5 from the left guide then continue below:
7. In the v2 ZIP you will need to copy the new language strings of all of your active languages (e.g upload/modules/addons/zomex_template_manager/lang/english.php) to the bottom of the existing files of your live site (e.g whmcs_path/modules/addons/zomex_template_manager/lang/english.php)
8. Delete the lang directory from the v2 files (to ensure it doesn't overide your live translations) at (/upload/modules/addons/zomex_template_manager/lang/)
9. Go to WHMCS Admin > Setup > Addon Modules > Configure Wizard Panel and make sure the correct template license key is used, if you switched to a new template you can update your license here (found in your Zomex account). Also check to confirm that Wizard Panel is showing v2.1
10. Visit Wizard Panel under WHMCS Admin > Addons > Wizard Panel to activate your new license and ensure your Wizard Panel settings remain. Your new template will now be activate using your previous Wizard Panel settings.
11. Upload the contents of the upload directory of your new template ZIP (Screenshot) using an FTP client to:
12. Visit your live site to ensure it is displaying correctly. You will now be able to view v2 by visiting the URL: https://yourwebsite.com/?systpl=stellar (if using Stellar)
13. Once you are ready to go live with v2 all you need to do is enable it within your WHMCS general settings
Now your template has been updated and your old Wizard Panel settings remain active you can further customize your new template. We recommend first editing the default text of the new template.