First download the cookie law ZIP file from inside your Zomex account. Extract the files and move the extracted folder to your desktop.
Next check to see if your website loads jQuery, you can do this by viewing your website and then right click somewhere blank on the page > click on view source or view page source. Then search for jquery between& . If you see it skip this step, if not add the following just below <head>:
Next select the type of website you're installing the script on:
1) Open the EU Cookie Law Script v1-0 folder and then files, upload the images, js & css directories to the public_html/ directory of your web hosting account.
2) Open each of your pages and add the following code just before </head>:
1) Open the EU Cookie Law Script v1-0 folder and then files, upload the images, js & css directories to your active WHMCS template directory. e.g public_html/templates/blue-blaze-v3-4/
2) Open header.tpl of your activate template directory and add the following just before </head>:
1) Open the EU Cookie Law Script v1-0 folder and then files, upload the images, js & css directories to your active WordPress theme directory. e.g public_html/wp-content/themes/blue-blaze-v1-0/
2) Open header.php of your activate template directory and add the following just before </head>:
Add the following code below the two lines you just pasted when installing the script:
Add your cookie generating code between these two lines and it'll only load when your visitors accept the cookie notice by clicking the close button.
Here is a example using Google Analytics:
If you're using a WHMCS template the code must be modified slightly:
Leave a comment
Let us know what you think!