How to upgrade your WHMCS template to V3.4
The update to V3.4 is well worth doing as from this point anything changed in the settings area (plans names, specs, pricing, general settings, seo settings etc) will not be lost when doing future upgrades.
This guide is specifically for those that have not made any changes to the template files or those that are happy to re-add them to the new version.
1) Download the latest version – Login to your Zomex.com account, at the top of the page hover over My Account and click on My Products. Next select view details, click on the downloads tab and then download V3.4.
2) Unzip the folder – Move the .zip file to your desktop and unzip/extract the contents.
3) Open up your FTP program & uploads modules – Open up your FTP program, on the left open up the template folder > upload and on the right side open up the root WHMCS folder. Upload only the modules folder from the template download. By uploading only the modules folder you’ll be able to apply your plans to the new settings area without effecting the old version.
4) Login to WHMCS and activate the settings area – Login to WHMCS, go to setup > Addon Modules. Scroll down to the bottom and you’ll see a new module named Wizard Panel, click on activate and then scroll down to the bottom of this page. Under the access control for Wizard Panel select Full Administrator and click save.
5) Apply your license & settings – You’ll now notice a new link under the addons tab named Zomex Template Manager, click this. Once the page has loaded you’ll be prompted to add your template license key. Add the license key for your template (the same one used in the configuration_template.php file – it will work for both locations without causing issues). Next you’ll see the new settings area appear. At this stage you can match the settings in your configuration_template.php file using the following guide:
6) Upload all files and activate – Next go back to your FTP program and upload all of the template files to root – the contents of the “upload” folder (it’s ok if you re-upload the module folder as the settings are stored in the database). Lastly activate the V3.4 version under setup > general settings > template >